Monday, December 20, 2010

Puppy Toy!

I asked my friend Ally what I should make next and she told me "Don't forget about your pets this holiday season!"  So I decided to make a new toy for my puppy Chester!




As you can tell by the look on his face he was pretty stoked to get a new toy!  He loves it and it is super easy to make!

What you'll need:

  • First and foremost, an adorable puppy who is need of a new toy!
  • Two pieces of fabric cut to a bone shape (choose whatever size will work best for your dog's size)
  • Two pieces of fusible interfacing cut to a bone shape
  • Iron
  • Sewing machine
  • Needle and Thread
  • Stuffing






1)  Following the instructions on the fusible interfacing, iron it onto the wrong sides of your fabric (I just used yellow fabric so there wasn't a wrong side).
2) Now sew the two pieces of fabric together wrong sides together with a quarter inch seam allowance, leaving a two inch opening (for turning).
3)  Turn your bone right side out.

4)  Stuff your bone with your stuffing (I used poly-fil).




5)  Using your needle and thread close up the opening.  I just used a slip stitch, but you can use whatever you like!

Sorry, I didn't get any great pictures of the bone before Chester decided he NEEDED to play with it!  I guess he doesn't have to wait until Christmas to get his toy!

Aww, isn't he so handsome?!
What crafts are you making for your animals this Christmas?  I would love to hear about them!

2 comments: