I'm normally pretty good about bringing my reusable coffee cup to me when I get a latte. However, there are times when I forget it. I always feel bad using the little cardboard sleeves so have started carrying one of my handmade coffee sleeves in my purse for whenever I forgot my travel mug. And if you make it in green or red it makes a perfect, quick, and inexpensive handmade gift for the holidays!
What you'll need:
- Scrap of fabric
- Iron on interfacing
- Stretch chord (2 inches)
- Rotary cutter or scissors
- Needle and thread
- Coffee sleeve for template
- Sewing Machine
2) You will need to iron the interfacing to the fabric (if your fabric has a side you will need to iron onto the wrong side of the fabric).
3) Now sew the button onto your fabric about two inches in from one end.
4) Put the two pieces of the fabric wrong sides together and place your chord on the inside of the fabric sandwich with the loop facing in.
5) Now sew around the two long sides and the side that the chord is on with a quarter inch seam allowance. Turn inside out. Fold the open edges in about a quarter inch and then iron.
Let me know how yours turns out! Would love to see yours.
Linked up on: