Making your own fabric coasters is an easy and inexpensive gift idea.
What you'll need:
- 4.5" x 4.5" pieces of fabric (4 each of front fabric, back fabric, and felt for the inside)
- Sewing Machine
1) First make a sandwich out of your fabric (right sides together) and then place one of the pieces of felt on top. Stitch around the fabric sandwich but leave a two inch gap on one side
2) Cut the corners off diagonally (see below)
3) Turn right side out so that the felt will be in the center. Fold in the fabric on gap and iron flat
4) Start sewing along the edges (starting with the side with the opening) 1/4 inch away from the edge. Sew around all four sides, on the last side stop 1/4 inch away from where you began sewing and turn, sew until you are 1/4 inch from the next seam and turn, continue doing this until you are to the center of your coaster.
5) Once you have reached close to the center sew one of your seams so that it meets the next (see the center of my picture below. You're done, clip any loose ends of threads and you've got your coaster!
Here's the front of my finished project:
Parties I am linking up to:Frugal Friday Polish the Stars Christmas Link Party Feature Yourself Friday Fab Friday A Crafty Soiree Fireflies and Jellybeans Talent Tuesday! Tell Me Tuesday Wild Wednesday Party Get Your Craft on Thursdays Finished on the Fifteenth Ladybug Blessings Today's Creative Blog Whatever Goes Wednesday Crazy Domestic The Thrifty Home Seven Thirty Three