What you'll need:
- Fabric cut to 8"by5" (you'll need one piece of outer fabric, one piece of inner fabric and one piece of fusible interfacing
- Fabric cut to 2.5" by 4" (you'll need two pieces outer fabric, two pieces inner fabric and two pieces of fusible interfacing)
- 2 inch piece of stretch cord
- Fabric rosette (optional, see my DIY Rosette Hair Pin tutorial on how to make these)
- Glue gun if you choose to add a rosette
2) Sew together two of the small pieces of fabric, right sides together on three sides (the two long sides and one short side). Do the same for the other two small pieces of fabric.
3) Clip the corners and turn right side out.
4) Press with an iron, ensuring to fold in the open seam.
5) Sew the small pieces of fabric onto the inside piece of fabric. I got out a couple of credit cards to find where I should place the two pockets.
9) Sew an eighth of an inch around the entire outside of the wallet.
10) If you want to add a rosette now is the time to hot glue it to you wallet, you can either add it directly to the fabric or glue it on top of your button. I iron mine again at this point just to get out any wrinkles and to press down where the folds are. And you're done!
Parties I'm linking to:
DIY Living Party
Blue Cricket Design
Creative Juice Thursday
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Show and Share Day
Saturday is Crafty Day
Polly Want a Crafter
Motivate me Monday
Made by you Mondays