Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mail Organizer

My mail usually all ends up in a pile on the dining room table.  I figured it was about time to get organized, so made a mail organizer.

And I will show you how to make one too!
What you'll need:
  • 4 pieces of fabric cut to 6" by 10"
  • 4 pieces of fusible interfacing cut to 3" by 10"
  • 1 piece of backing fabric, I just used a big piece and cut it down to size
  • Bias tape
  • Sewing machine
  • Iron




1) Following package instructions iron interfacing iron the interfacing onto the wrong side of the four small pieces of fabric.  And then iron in half long ways.


2)  Place the first folded piece of fabric onto the big backing piece of fabric and sew along the bottom long opening.
3)  Place your next folded piece 1.5 inches below the first piece and sew along the bottom long opening.
4)  Continue until you have all 4 divider pockets attached.
5)  Sew along the sides of the pockets.

6)  Trim around all four sides to desired size.
7)  Finish the edges with bias tape
8)  Add a loop made from bias tape (if desired).
9)  Insert your mail and you're done!

14 comments:

  1. What a great organizer! I always feel so much better when my bills are organized too!

    Thanks for sharing in FFA!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea! Hannah's right, it would make a good bill organizer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and would so help me organize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really great idea! I need one of these. Thanks for sharing!
    ~stopping by from Rook No. 17! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, so useful! Thank you for linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S., you are sew creative! :)

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tutorial! This is very very useful to have to get all the mail organized. Love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great organizer! Thanks for linking up to my party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great project - I absolutely LOVE your blog! I'm a new reader and definitely plan to keep on reading a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea & very useful :) thanks for linking up. I would love it if you added my party button :). Thanks

    dominiquescraftcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I REALLY need to make on of these. Thanks for the how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab idea! thanks for linking up at our crafty saturday party! can't wait to see what you have for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katie, every week you impress and delight me with your creations! I'm so grateful for your regular participation and support of "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No 17. You are definitely a "good egg"! Jenn

    ReplyDelete