- Three strips of fabric, I did mine about 16 inches long, but ended up having a pretty long piece of elastic, so if I were to do it again, I'd use around 20 inches strip of fabric
- Elastic (1/8 of an inch of 1/4 of an inch; I didn't have any this size so took a half inch elastic and cut it down the middle)
- Bobby pins or clip of some sort to hold ends together
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
1) Clip your three strips of fabric together at the top with your bobby pin (or clip).
2) Braid your fabric together until you reach the end of the strips.
3) Once you've reached the end of your fabric sew the ends together using your sewing machine or needle and thread. Trim any excess fabric.
4) Place your braided fabric on your head and then measure how long a piece of elastic you will need.
5) Cut your elastic about a half inch shorter than what you measured (this makes sure that headband will stay on and not be too big).
6) Sew one end of the elastic to the end of the fabric braid.
7) Now sew the other end of the elastic to the other end of the fabric braid.
Now you've got your headband!