I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger award by two amazing people!
First is Mel from The Crafty Scientist! She has a great crafting blog that you should all check out. I love her specimen art! She has both butterfly and snowflake specimen art that you can see here and here. I may need to make the butterfly one for my house! She also has other great tutorials and a few amazing printables. Make sure to stop by and say hi to her!
The second award comes from Adithis' Amma Sews! The first thing that drew me to this blog was a beautiful dress made from pamphlets! You have to take a look at this because it does NOT look like it was made from pamphlets. She also has a ton of amazing tutorials, so make sure to check them out.
Thank you both so much for giving me this amazing award! There are four things you have to do when accepting this award. They are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award, and let the giver know you accept the award!
Onto the 7 things about me!
1. My husband and I got married on the beach in Hawaii (on the big island). Neither of us have the personality for a big wedding; we wanted something small and low key. My dad lives in Hawaii and he helped us scope out a good beach to get married on! Then we flew over to Maui for our honeymoon. It was amazing and I wouldn't have done it any other way!
2. We have four pets. A one year old chocolate lab named Chester. A biiiiig grey cat named Gizmo, a medium sized tan cat with blue eyes named Gaia, and a small black and white cat named Gilly (who happens to be sitting on my lap as I type this).
3. My favorite color is grey. If I could have everything in grey, I'd be super happy! Right now I'm living in my grey knit Uggs that my mother in law Julie got me. They are so cute and crazy comfortable!
4. I'm a pretty shy person at first, so coming up with 7 things about myself is somewhat difficult. But once I get to know people I come out of my shell.
5. My husband and I every once in a while spend an entire night listening to music. We take turns picking a song and this often goes on for hours where we just listen to random music (this is in fact how we spent our night last night).
6. My favorite book of all time is The Stranger by Albert Camus. I have been trying for about 6 years to get my husband to read it, but he still has not.
7. I love sushi! It seems most people either hate it or love it, but I think it's amazing. My husband got me hooked!
The 15 great bloggers that I am awarding are:
1. Punky Noodles-This is a brand new craft blog started by my big sister Stephanie! Make sure to go check it out!
2. Rook No 17-Jenn has made an amazing blog featuring great crafts and amazing recipes. She also has a great weekly linky party!
3. A Law Student's Journey-Kitty posts some amazing tutorials on her blog. How she has time to make things while in law school is a mystery to me. Make sure to check out her T-Shirt headbands, they are adorable!
4. 504 Main-Holly is like wonderwoman. She is a mom, wedding planner, designer, and author! She's an amazing gal with an exceptional blog!
5. Between 3 Sisters -This blog, started by three sisters, offers great fashion tips, recipes, and decorating!
6. Just a Geek Named Jess-What first drew me to Jess's blog was an amazing pair of shoes that she mod podged with comic books! They are super cute. I'm so glad that I became a follower because she has a great blog!
7. Ninth Street Notions-Amanda has a great blog with tons of great crafts, recipes, and an awesome linky party!
8. The Loops-Megan has a great blog with some great crafts and tutorials. Right now she has pet week going on so make sure to stop by and check it out!
9. Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom-Suzy has some amazing tutorials (make sure to check out the faux metal wall art, you'll be surprised what it's made out of), and has interviews with amazing people!
10. Creation Corner-Tasha has a great blog with amazing tutorials and a great link party. What more could you ask for?!
11. Crystal's Craft Spot-Crystal's blog is full of amazing ideas that I want to try. Make sure to check out her crocheted specimen art!
12. Home Frosting-This is the newest blog that I have found and love! Lesa has a great sense of style and can't wait to see the amazing things she comes up with!
13. Thursday's Kiss-Cierra at Thursday's Kiss has a great blog that always has the best craft ideas and recipes. Right now she has a ton of great St. Patty's day crafts that you still have time to make!
14. The Country Chic Cottage-Angie's blog is amazing and filled with great DIY projects and giveaways. Make sure to stop by and check otu all her amazing ideas!
15. Young Nester-Lauren has a great, fairly new, blog where she shares all of her creative ideas. She also has a link party for crafts made under $10, I really love the idea of a thrift link party!
Thanks again to The Crafty Scientist and Adithis' Amma Sews for giving me this award. Also, Happy Pi Day! (The math nerd in me wouldn't let me end this post without saying that!)