Friday, February 11, 2011

For all you nerds out there....like me!

I tried my hand at freezer paper stenciling yesterday.  As some of you may know, I'm a bit of a math nerd, so chose a math pattern to put on my shirt.
I first cut out my pattern on freezer paper with an Xacto knife.
I ironed it, shiny side down, onto my shirt.  I placed another piece of freezer paper inside my shirt so the paint wouldn't bleed onto the other side of the shirt.  Then painted with fabric paint.
After the paint dried, I peeled up the freezer paper, put a piece of fabric on top of the shirt and run your iron over it.  Then you are done!

Now I have a shirt that shows off my nerdy side.  Freezer paper stenciling ended up being pretty easy.  The hardest (and most tedious) part was cutting out the patter on your paper.  Hope you enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. I love your idea of using freezer paper and stenciling! Brilliant! Turned out really cute.
    http://shannonsews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome stencil! My husband is a math and science nerd so I made him an atom stencil t-shirt once but I never thought of a math stencil! I love this and it turned out great! Visiting from Young and Crafty Free For All!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool shirt idea! I've never tried this freezer paper thing but it seems easy and fun. I'm a nerd too and there's nothing wrong with it!

    Thanks for sharing in FFA!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome stencil! My husband is a math and science nerd so I made him an atom stencil t-shirt once but I never thought of a math stencil! I love this and it turned out great! Visiting from Young and Crafty Free For All!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! I can sooo appreciate the nerdy aspect :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing...I didn't know how to do that but now look forward to trying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I love using freezer paper to stencil. Love that you made it so perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE! Every nerd needs a good nerd shirt! heehee! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays! Hope to see you again this week of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it...Love nerds! I love freezer paper too...great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great tute! thanks a lot for linking up your fab tutorial! can't wait to see what you have for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love freezer paper. You can use it for some many different things.

    ReplyDelete